Saturday, September 26, 2009

Go on break and lose a doctor

Yes, I'm angry. No this has little to do with Mc Donalds, but, it's my blog and I can type what I wish. I have a friend. She's a pediatrician. An EXCELLENT pediatrician. I met her as a doctor first. I don't recall which came first, the friendship or the patient part, but needless to say she is one of those doctors who listen, and are honest. My kids adored her and we eventually moved their care to the clinic where she practices.

Imagine my surprise when I call to say hello during my break at work last night to find she had resigned. Things had just been toxic for a while for her at that office, but now my kids are out of a pediatrician. Unless of course she finds another clinic to practice at near me. I'll drive up to an hour for quality care so if you need a doctor holler! I don't want to transfer their care, and really, quite frankly, I don't want my friend to move.

I don't care for any of the doctors in that office and honestly never would have moved them to that place had it not been for her. So, guess what I'll be doing Monday...yup...moving my kids back to my family practice until I find out where my friend will land. blah.

I really wish I could rant and carry on. However, since this IS the world wide web, I don't want to say anything so public that could potentially upset anyone in this situation. I'm just angry for my friend and irritated that my children are losing one of the most excellent doctor's they've had.

And with that I ended up back on my shift, trying to finish work and simply sadened by the "yick" of it all...and yes, I said yick even though it's not a real word. Sometimes Webster's simply does not offer enough terms to convey what you wish to say without using words that are not family friendly. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment